Kamagra is a medical drug used for the symptomatic treatment of erectile dysfunction of various types of origin. The active ingredient of Kamagra is sildenafil citrate — a medication that causes relaxation of the smooth muscles of the male reproductive organ while increasing the flow of arterial blood to it.
What Is Kamagra?
Kamagra belongs to the group of Viagra generics, and therefore contains the same active substance in identical dosages and is manufactured using the same technology as the original drug. The production of Kamagra became possible after the termination of the patent registered by the pharmaceutical company Pfizer for the use of sildenafil citrate in the composition of the original, brand-name Viagra.
Advantages of Kamagra
- The therapeutic effect of Kamagra tablets is completely equivalent to the effect of Viagra.
- The list of auxiliary substances included in the composition has been changed, which has significantly improved the tolerability of the drug.
- The cost of Kamagra is several times lower than the original Viagra, since generic pharmaceutical companies don’t make you pay for the brand. Anyone who struggles with ED problems can easily afford to buy cheap Kamagra.
Pharmacological Properties of Kamagra
What Is Kamagra For?
Kamagra is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction of vascular (organic), psychogenic or mixed genesis.
Kamagra demonstrates maximum effectiveness in erectile dysfunction of vascular origin — including those caused by diabetes mellitus.
How It Works
Sildenafil citrate has the property of temporarily slowing down the process of natural decay of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP): an organic substance that causes deep relaxation of the smooth muscles of the penis, which is a mandatory requirement for their filling with blood, causing the onset of a long-lasting erection.
The effect of sildenafil develops within 30-90 minutes after administration and requires mandatory physical sexual stimulation, without which cGMP synthesis does not occur. The action of Kamagra lasts for 120-150 minutes (in rare cases — for 200-240 minutes).
Who Kamagra Is For
The target category is men over the age of 40 who have systematic difficulties in achieving and/or maintaining a full erection required for traditional sexual intercourse.
How to Use Kamagra
The recommended dosage is to take Kamagra 50 mg 60 minutes before sexual intercourse. You should not take Kamagra more than once a day.
The maximum daily dosage of the drug in all cases is 100 mg.
Kamagra is taken regardless of meals, however, keep in mind that fatty dishes and foods slow down the onset of action of sildenafil citrate.
|Dosing scheme for individual groups of patients
|Renal insufficiency (mild/moderate forms)
|Renal insufficiency (severe form)
|50 mg (in cases of high
|If receiving ritonavir therapy
- Severe forms of cardiovascular diseases.
- Loss of vision in one eye.
- Any blood clotting disorders.
- Stomach and/ or duodenal ulcer in the acute stage.
- The age of the patient is under 18 years old.
With caution, you should take the drug when:
- Medically confirmed arterial hypertension;
- Liver diseases and dysfunctions;
- Hereditary retinitis pigmentosa;
- Anatomical deformities of the penis (for example, Peyronie’s disease);
- Diseases that increase the risk of priapism (blood leukemia, multiple myeloma, sickle cell anemia);
- For at least six months after a myocardial infarction or stroke.
With a probability of > 2%, headache, aching back pain, blurred vision, increased photosensitivity, color perception distortions, dizziness, a rush of blood to the face, nasal congestion, nausea, dyspepsia, skin rash, pronounced drowsiness, tachycardia, tinnitus (tinnitus) may occur.
The probability of side effects is dose-dependent: it is minimal when using Kamagra at a dosage of 25 mg and maximum when taking a dosage of 100 mg.
With an overdose of sildenafil, symptoms characteristic of the development of side effects are observed, but longer in time and more pronounced in intensity.
Multiple excess of the daily dose (800-1000 mg) can cause the development of priapism, myocardial infarction or organic damage to the fiber of the eye.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy. Hemodialysis is not prescribed due to the ineffectiveness of the procedure: sildenafil citrate binds to plasma proteins.
Interaction with Other Drugs
It is strictly forbidden to take Kamagra simultaneously with the following groups of drugs:
- Nitric oxide donors: Molsidomine, Sodium Nitroprusside.
- Organic nitrates: Nitroglycerin, Nitroject.
- PDE5 inhibitors: vardenafil, tadalafil.
- Other medications for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: Alprostadil, Viagra, Levitra, Cialis, Yohimbine hydrochloride.
Combining Kamagra with the following groups of drugs also requires caution:
- Protease inhibitors: Amprenavir, Ritonavir, Telaprevir, etc.
- Alpha-blockers: Atypamezole, Tolazoline, Phentolamine, etc.
- Blockers of H2-histamine receptors: Ranitidine, Famotidine, etc.
- Macrolides: Oleandomycin, Erythromycin.
Simultaneous administration of Kamagra with protease inhibitors, macrolides and / or H2-histamine receptor blockers slows down the body’s metabolism of sildenafil citrate, which leads to an increase in the likelihood of side effects. If it is impossible to take these groups of drugs separately, Kamagra should be used in a minimum dosage of 25 mg (half of a 50 mg tablet).
Combining Kamagra with alpha-blockers often provokes a strong decrease in blood pressure. Separate administration of drugs with an interval of at least 4 hours helps to prevent this complication
Instructions and Precautions
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can reduce the effectiveness of the drug.
- In order to minimize the risk of side effects or allergic reactions, the first intake of Kamagra should begin with a dose of 25 mg.
- Kamagra is effective for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, which occurred against the background of a long course of taking antidepressants.
- Patients older than 55-60 years, as a rule, are more sensitive to the action of sildenafil, and therefore for them daily and single dosages should be prescribed individually in order to avoid overdose.
- Kamagra does not reduce the motor activity of sperm and does not affect the likelihood of conception.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take Kamagra more than once every 24 hours?
With good tolerability, repeated administration of the drug is allowed. At the same time, at least 5 hours should pass after the previous intake, and the daily dosage of sildenafil should not exceed 100 mg.
When does Kamagra start working?
The first signs of improvement in potency can be observed within 30-40 minutes after taking the drug. The full effect of Kamagra occurs within 60-90 minutes.
How long does Kamagra last?
The manufacturer guarantees an improvement in erectile function within 120 minutes after taking the drug. In some cases, the action of Kamagra can last up to 4 hours.
What happens if you take Kamagra, but intimacy does not take place?
Since the effect of sildenafil occurs only after direct physical stimulation, the absence of sexual intimacy after taking Kamagra does not threaten the patient with any negative consequences.
Can I take Kamagra with alcohol?
Moderate doses of alcohol have no effect on the therapeutic effect of sildenafil.