Stromectol is used to treat parasitic infections and belongs to a class of drugs called antiparasitic agents. The active ingredient of Stromectol is Ivermectin, a drug discovered in 1975 and originally used in veterinary medicine for the treatment of acariasis and animal lesions by roundworms of the Dirofilaria immitis species.
What Is Stromectol?
Stromectol is an anthelmintic drug used to treat such severe parasitic infestations as onchocerciasis and strongyloidiasis.
It’s a unique drug that allows for treating parasitic diseases that previously led patients to various forms of disability (blindness in onchocerciasis) or even death (brain abscess in strongyloidiasis).
Mainly, stromectol is meant for patients with clinically confirmed vuhereriosis, onchocerciasis, strongyloidiasis and scabies.
Pharmacological Properties and Uses of Generic Stromectol
Stromectol is used to treat the following parasitic diseases:
- Wuchereriosis, an infection with the Wuchereria bancrofti helminths from the Filariae Cobbold family.
- Onchocerciasis — infection with the Onchocerca volvulus helminths belonging to Filariae (with the exception of the adult helminths).
- Strongyloidosis — infection with roundworms of the genus Strongyloides stercoralis (before the completion of the migration stage).
- Scabies, a dermatological disease, the causative agent of which is the tick Sarcoptes scabiei (with the exception of the Norwegian form with a lesion of the nail plates).
How Stromectol Works
The mechanism of action of the active ingredient ivermectin is based on the ability of this substance to cause neuromuscular paralysis of helminths and worms, leading to their inevitable death.
Stromectol has a selective effect and has a paralyzing effect only on the listed groups of parasites. For humans and other mammals, the drug is completely safe.
Why So Many People Buy Generic Stromectol in Canada
People order generic Stromectol in Canadian pharmacies for many reasons. The primary reason is convenience; by ordering the product online, you can buy it quickly and easily right from your own home. Additionally, buying this product online or at a Canadian pharmacy is often cheaper than purchasing it through traditional means. Furthermore, buying generic Stromectol often costs less due to lack of brand recognition or pharmaceutical company marketing campaigns. Lastly, as Canada is known for its stringent approval processes when it comes to drugs and medicines, purchasing generic Stromectol from Canadian pharmacies ensures that you are buying a quality product that has met regulatory standards. In this way, many people take extra measures to buy Stromectol in Canada instead of elsewhere; not only is it convenient, but it also offers peace of mind.
|Number of tablets
(3 mg each)
|15-25 / 33-55
|26-44 / 57-97
|45-64 / 99-141
|65-85 / 143-187
|more than 85 / 188
The dosage is calculated based on body weight according to the formula: 150 mcg per 1 kg of weight. The table is meant to represent the approximate calculation of dosages.
Stromectol is taken once, strictly on an empty stomach, washing down the tablet with water, after which it is recommended to refrain from eating for two hours. Repeated administration of the drug is allowed after 3, 6 or 12 months — at the discretion of your physician.
An overdose of Stromectol can lead to serious side effects such as seizures, muscle weakness, and paralysis. If you think you have overdosed on Stromectol, seek medical attention immediately.
Individual intolerance of individual ingredients included in the composition of Stromectol.
With caution and only after consultation with the attending physician, the drug can be taken for bronchial asthma, liver and kidney diseases, hypotension, as well as during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Ivermectin Side Effects
The side effects from taking Ivermectin may include:
With a probability of > 2%: nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, itching, swelling of the limbs or face, redness of the eyes may occur.
With a probability of > 1%: fatigue, asthenia, abdominal pain, constipation, vomiting, drowsiness, tremor of the extremities, skin rash, and tachycardia can be observed.
Stromectol: Interaction with Other Drugs
It is strictly forbidden to take Stromectol simultaneously with diethylcarbamazine or other anthelmintic drugs for the treatment of filariasis.
A certain caution is required by the combination of Stromectol with the following drugs:
- Warfarin: due to its anticoagulant effect, it can cause internal bleeding during the death of parasites.
- CYP3A4 inhibitors: Ketoconazole, Ritonavir, Telithromycin, etc. — not recommended due to the increased probability of ivermectin entering through the blood-brain barrier.
Special instructions and precautions
- The mass death of Onchocerca volvulus helminths often causes temporary allergic reactions, arthralgia, enlarged lymph nodes and visual disturbances.
- There is no convincing data on the complete safety of Stromectol for the treatment of persons with a body weight of less than 15 kg or children under the age of 5 years.
- The use of Stromectol requires special caution when the patient is affected by roundworm larvae of the Loa loa species due to the high risk of complications such as ataxia, central nervous system depression, coma, and even death resulting from intoxication during the death of parasites.
- Orange juice reduces the concentration of ivermectin in blood plasma.
Can I take Stromectol with alcohol?
Since ivermectin is metabolized by the liver, the combination of Stromectol with alcohol is considered undesirable.
Is it possible to take Stromectol for preventive purposes?
The half-life of ivermectin is 18 hours. This means that in order to maintain a sufficient concentration of the active substance in the blood, the drug will have to be taken daily with questionable effectiveness. We do not recommend it.
Is Ivermectin for Humans?
Yes. Since 1987, Ivermectin has been adapted for the treatment of worm infestations in humans. You can get brands that are made specifically for humans, like Stromectol pills
Can I order generic Stromectol from Canada if I’m in the US?
Sure! Our pharmacy is ready to process your order right away or provide answers to any of your questions.
You can call us toll free from the US via our phone number: (877) 357-26-10
If you are in Canada, be sure to call us via this number: (437) 837-0399
Or reach us via email: email@example.com