Generic Amoxil is a drug that is used to treat bacterial infections. Generic Amoxil is a form of the popular antibiotic Amoxicillin, which is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. Our pharmacy can ship your order of Generic Amoxil directly to your home, including the US, making it convenient and easy to get the medication you need. Ordering from us is safe, secure, and hassle-free, so why not give it a try?
What Is Amoxil?
With Amoxicillin trihydrate as its active ingredient, Amoxil is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial and viral infections of the genitourinary and respiratory tract, skin, soft tissues, as well as combined therapy of infections of the digestive tract. The active ingredient of Amoxil is amoxicillin, a bactericidal drug that is effective against a number of gram—positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Amoxicillin was discovered in 1972, after which several antibacterial drugs were developed on its basis. One of the most effective generic equivalents of amoxicillin is considered to be Amoxil, which is commonly available in capsules for oral administration in dosages of 250, 500, 625 and 1000 mg.
Advantages of Amoxil
- The bactericidal effect of Amoxil exceeds the effect of amoxicillin by changing the list of excipients,
- while the disadvantages characteristic of the first generations of amoxicillin-based drugs have been eliminated.
- A wide range of tablets in one package — for a course of therapy of any duration.
Amoxil Purchase Information
There are plenty of reasons why you should consider buying Amoxil generic online from Canadian pharmacies rather than from the US pharmacies. One of these reasons is that the cost of Amoxil tends to be much lower in Canada than it is in the United States. This also can be applied to Canadian drugs in general.
In addition, the quality of generic drugs is just as good in Canada as it is in the US. Finally, most Canadian pharmacies offer a higher level of customer service than their American counterparts. With all these factors combined, it is clear that ordering generic Amoxil from Canadian pharmacies is the best choice for most consumers, not to mention various discounts, coupons, and a complete 24\7 support that we provide.
Pharmacological Properties and Purpose of Amoxil
What Amoxil is For
Amoxil is prescribed for the treatment of clinically confirmed infection with the following types of bacterial pathogens:
- Peptostreptococci, peptococci, staphylococci, enterococci;
- bacteria of the genus Proteus, corynebacteria, citrobacter;
- hemolytic and pyogenic streptococcus;
- hemophilic and E. coli;
- prevotella, salmonella;
- helicobacter pylori, enterobacter;
- fecal enterococcus;
- listeria monocytogenes, moraxella cataralis;
- borrelia, clostridia, neisseria, shigella.
How Amoxil Works
The mechanism of bactericidal action of amoxicillin is based on the ability of this substance to inhibit the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, as a result of which the pathogen is deprived of a protective shell and inevitably dies.
The composition of Amoxil also includes povidone, an enterobsorbent that binds toxic compounds in the gastrointestinal tract and removes them via defecation, which significantly reduces the risk of side effects resulting from intoxication of the body with the mass death of pathogenic bacteria.
Who Is Amoxil For?
Amoxil is used to treat the following infections:
- bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, community-acquired pneumonia;
- pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis;
- sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis;
- otitis media;
- cutaneous staphylococcus, erysipelas of the skin;
- typhoid and paratyphoid;
- Lyme disease;
- gonorrhea, listeriosis, leptospirosis.
In combination with metronidazole, omeprazole and / or clarithromycin, Amoxil is used to treat acute forms of gastritis and peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum caused by Helicobacter pylori.
It is allowed to use Amoxil for the prevention of endocarditis.
How to Use Amoxil
Standard Amoxil is taken in a dosage of 250-500 mg every 8 hours or in a dosage of 750-1000 mg every 10 hours. With persistent forms of infectious diseases, it is allowed to take dosages of 1000 mg every 8 hours. but no more than 6000 mg per day. The duration of the course of treatment is 5-10 days and is set depending on the type of infection.
For the treatment of children over 1 year of age, the daily dose of Amoxil is selected individually, taking into account the child’s body weight.
The daily dosage and regimen of the drug can be changed by the decision of the attending physician based on the nature and severity of the disease, as well as the age and general physical condition of the patient.
- Infectious mononucleosis.
- Lymphocytic leukemia.
- Infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by diarrhea and / or vomiting.
- Individual intolerance to amoxicillin and / or other ingredients of the drug.
The drug should be taken with caution in the following cases:
- any kidney diseases;
- allergic rhinoconjunctivitis;
- bronchial asthma;
- allergic dermatitis.
Amoxil Side Effects
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, dizziness, convulsions, insomnia, hyperkinesia, hyperexcitation, colitis, enanthem, dry mouth, tongue staining black, candidiasis, skin rash and / or itching, angioedema, allergic vasculitis, reversible forms of anemia may occur with a probability of > 1%.
Exceeding the permissible daily dose of Amoxil can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, and crystalluria with the risk of developing renal failure.
Treatment: gastric lavage and provocation of vomiting, taking activated charcoal (1 tablet for every full 10 kg of the weight) and laxative of the osmotic group, correction of the water-electrolyte balance. In severe conditions, hemodialysis is indicated.
It is strictly forbidden to take Amoxil simultaneously with the following groups of drugs:
- Acetylsalicylic acid, oxyphenbutazone, probenecid, sulfinpyrazone, phenylbutazone: may cause an increase in the concentration of amoxicillin in the blood and slow down its natural metabolism.
- Methotrexate: in combination with amoxicillin is potentially toxic.
- Tetracycline: reduces the bactericidal effect of Amoxil.
Combining Amoxil with the following drugs also requires caution:
- Allopurinol: due to the likelihood of developing a dermatological allergy.
- Acenocumarol, warfarin: in rare cases, Amoxil is able to enhance the anticoagulant effect.
- Antacids: Acid Gone, Aldroxicon, Maalox, Pepcid Complete.
- Hormonal contraceptives: Amoxil prevents the absorption of estrogen and progesterone, as a result of which the contraceptive effect of oral contraceptives is reduced.
When combined with antacid group drugs, the absorption of Amoxil decreases, which requires correction of the daily dosage.
Special Instructions and Precautions
- Taking Amoxil simultaneously with food does not affect the absorption of the drug and reduces the risk of side effects from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Patients attending hemodialysis need individual dosing of Amoxil and constant monitoring of the course of therapy.
- Against the background of taking Amoxil, laboratory tests may show a false positive reaction to glucose in the urine and distort the real level of estriol in pregnant women.
- Amoxil is able to stain tooth enamel, and therefore, at the time of its reception, patients are recommended to brush their teeth regularly and more thoroughly.
Is Amoxil effective against COVID-19?
The drug does not affect the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, the causative agent of COVID-19 coronavirus infection, but can be used to treat uncomplicated forms of covid pneumonia.
Is it possible to take Amoxil during pregnancy?
Clinical studies have not found the effect of amoxicillin on the embryo. The decision on the possibility of taking Amoxil during pregnancy is made by the attending physician after comparing and evaluating potential risks and expected benefits.
Is it possible to take Amoxil when breastfeeding?
No, it is impossible because the drug passes into mother’s milk in small quantities. Breast-feeding should be suspended for the period of treatment with Amoxil.
Is Amoxil compatible with alcohol?
All antibacterial drugs, including Amoxil, are categorically incompatible with alcohol.
What should I do if I missed the dose of Amoxil?
Immediately take the missed dose of the drug, then return to the previous intake interval: 8 or 12 hours. It is not recommended to take a double dosage of Amoxil — with a high probability this will lead to an overdose, the development of side effects and acceleration of the appearance of resistance to Amoxil in pathogenic bacteria.